Δευτέρα 27 Οκτωβρίου 2014

Things-in-themselves?

Things-in-themselves? But they're fine, thank you very much. And how are you? You complain about things that have not been honored by your vision? You feel that these things are lacking the illumination of your consciousness? But if you missed the galloping freedom of the zebras in the savannah this morning, then so much the worse for you; the zebras will not be sorry that you were not there, and in any case you would have tamed, killed, photographed, or studied them. Things in themselves lack nothing, just as Africa did not lack whites before their arrival.
Bruno Latour


Yes. But how do I know that they lack nothing, unless they tell me so. They may need my need of them, they may benefit from the act of perceiving my perception... They may desire my desire.




Latour quoted here

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου