Τρίτη 16 Απριλίου 2013

Whispering a prayer

Can I pray?

-         Can I pray?
-         Why ask me? Pray if it makes you feel better…
-         Can I pray for you too?
-         I think it’s best if you don’t involve me.
-         Why not?
-         Well, I haven’t had much to do with god lately.
-         No harm in it… is there?
-         What? Praying to god?
-         No. I mean praying for you.
-         Well, do it if you like. But don’t expect any gratitude from me. And if I thanked you, I’d be a hypocrite...
-         Let me whisper it then and it doesn’t matter if you won’t thank me.
-         Tell me though – why do you insist on praying for me?
-         Because if I prayed only for myself it would not be a prayer. It would be a blasphemy.     
M

********

Steve Vai - Whispering a prayer

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου